※ 바로듣기 - Perfect25 English 팟캐스트
요즘 매일 출퇴근 시간에 반복 청취하는 팟캐스트,
듣고 있노라면 영어 실력이 향상되는 것 같은 느낌이 들어요.
분명 여러 번 들었는대도 처음 듣는 문장이 나오면... 당황스럽기도 하지요.
계속 듣다보면 언젠가 자연스럽게 들리는 날이 오겠죠?!!
☞ 청취자 Q&A
아이팟의 음성명령 Siri를 쓸 수 있는 영어표현을 알려주세요.
- Set an alarm for 1P.M.
- Set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Set an alarm for 7A.M. tomorrow.
- Wake me up tomorrow at 7A.M.
*** 전치사 주의: 7시 알람을 맞춰줘라고 할 때는 for, 7시에 깨워줘라고 할 때는 at
- Take a selfie.
- What's the fifteen percent of 80 dollars?
- Convert 10 inches to centimeters.
- Convert 20 miles to kilometers.
- Call 119.
A: I am so hooked on the song “Stairway to Heaven”
B: Isn’t that a classic from back in the day by Led Zeppelin?
A: Ooooh~ You even know the songs that were released in 1971. You really have a great taste in music.
B: Actually I don’t know Led Zeppelin, but I know the song is well-known.
A: Back in the 70’s the group was going on a tour in Asia and almost had the chance to perform in Korea!
B: Really? Wow! That could have been a blast! How come it got cancelled, though?
A: Back in those days, the Korean government even had their hands on people’s hair. Led Zepplin couldn’t perform in Korea due to the group members’ long hair.
B: That’s messed up. I guess we have it pretty easy.
A: Hmm… You think so? True, now the government doesn’t care about our hair but without us knowing, they can easily get access to our cell phone.
B: That’s right! I totally forgot they are related. I guess, it runs in the family.
[복습 / 표현 및 단어정리]
be hooked on ~에 빠져있다, 중독되어 있다
- I'm hooked on web comics.
- I'm hooked on online game.
classic 최고의, 고전적인, 명작 (책, 영화, 음악 등)
- The novel may become a mordern classic.
- The radio station plays mainly classic pop.
back in the day 예전에, 과거에
- Back in the day, I had no worries.
- Everything was great back in the day.
be released in 언제 발표되다, 공개되다, 개봉하다
- That movie was released in 1998.
- His first novel will be released next year.
have a taste in ~에 흥미가 있다, 조예가 깊다
- taste 맛, 취향, 기호
- He has a great taste in fashion
- You have a bad taste in men.
well-known 잘 알려진
- It is well known that time is gold.
- Soybeans are well known as very nutritious food.
could have been ~를 할 뻔하다
- It could have been worse than you think.
- My grade could have been much better.
blast 폭발, 아주 신나는 일
- The party was a blast.
- I had a blast.
how come (why) 왜, 어째서
- How come he got promoted?
- How come there are so many people in the city hall?
though 비록 ~지만, 그러나
- I love singing. I am not a good singer, though.
- They are maiired. They don't love each other, though.
back in those days 그 당시에는, 그 시기에는
- Back in those days, everything was cheaper.
- Back in those days, He was a heavy smoker and drinker.
have one's hands on ~을 단속하다, 참견하다
- My mom has her hands on my eating habits.
- My father has his hands on his daughter's wedding.
due to (because of) ~ 때문에
- due to 조금 더 formal 한 느낌, because of 조금 더 casual 한 느낌
- The flight is delayed due to bad weather.
- He left his job due to his boss.
That's messed up! 완전 엉망이야, 정말 말도 안돼!
- I'am so messed up. 나 지금 멘붕이야.
- I don't want to mess up this time.
have it easy 편안하게 지내다
- Hey, you look nice. I guess you have it easy these days.
- Most students don't have it easy in Korea.
care about ~을 신경쓰다
- She cares so much about her daughter.
- He doesn't care about what others think.
without us knowing 우리가 모른채로
- without me know it 혹은 without my knowing 이 문법적으로 맞으나 구어체에서는 위처럼 자주 씀
- He recorded my words without me knowing.
- Without her neighbor knowing, she left town.
get(have) access to ~에 접근하다
- She easily got access to secure documets.
- I am trying to get access to that site.
be related 연관되어 있다
- These two incidents are closely related.
- The salary is related to the ability.
runs in the family 집안 내력이다, 유전이다
- Cancer tends to run in the family.
- Character doesn't run in the family.
포스팅을 끝까지 읽어주셔서 감사합니다~!
유익한 내용이라고 생각하신다면,
"비타민" 같은 "공감"과 "댓글" 부탁드려요~
'영어 스터디' 카테고리의 다른 글
|Perfect25 English [0105.Damaged Jeju Island], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.16|
|Perfect25 English [0104.Augmented Reality], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.14|
|Perfect25 English [0103.It runs in the family], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.07|
|Perfect25 English [0102.Junk articles], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.04|
|Perfect25 English [0101.Trash talk], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.01.26|
|Perfect25 English Pilot, 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (2)||2017.01.22|