※ 바로듣기 - Perfect25 English 팟캐스트
지폐를 동전으로 바꾸는 표현을 알려주세요.
*** 동전 종류
- penny 1센트, nickel 5센트, dime 10센트, quater 25센트
*** 지폐 종류
- 1달러, 5달러, 10달러, 20달러, 50달러, 100달러
- Could I have this in (수량 / 원하는 화폐 단위)
- Could I have this in one ten?
- Could I have this in five tens?
- Could I have this in one twenty three tens?
- Could I have the change in one twenty and the rest tens?
- Could you give me a discount?
- That's a bit more than I expect.
- Could you come down a little more?
- I will take it for ten dollers.
A: I heard you went to Sok-cho last weekend. So, did you catch any pokemon?
B: What pokemon? Is that still a fad?
A: Hey, I will be so excited to catch even one pokemon since I've never seen one before.
B: It’s called Augmented Reality. It has a huge potential to develop.
A: Augmented Reality? What’s that? Is it like Virtual Reality?
B: Virtual Reality shows a digitally-created world like in online games, whereas Augmented Reality shows a supplemented environment over the real world through smartphones or other glasses such as Google’s.
A: Ah.. Are you talking about something similar to the people in some sci-fi movies who wear glasses to see other people’s private information or location? Sounds awesome!
B: Not necessarily. You should be concerned that the streets could be full of junk ads once everyone wears those glasses.
A: Yeah.. Like most websites are covered with ads these days.
B: Augmented Reality in our everyday lives will happen in the not-too-distant future.
[복습 / 표현 및 단어정리]
fad (일시적) 유행
- trend (긴) 유행
- That's fad words.
- Miniskirts were the fad a few years ago.
I will be so excited to ~하면 정말 신날거야
- I will be so excited to go on a vacation abroad.
- You will be so excited to play the baseball with me.
Augmented Reality 증강현실
- Virtual Reality 가상현실
have a potential to ~할 잠재력이 있다.
- He has a potential to be a great singer.
- You have a huge potential to lead the project.
supplemented 보완된, 보충된
- dietary supplement 보충제
talk about something similar to(with) ~와 비슷한 것을 말하다.
- Are you talking about something similar to pizza?
- I am talking about something similar to pencil.
sci-fi movie (science fiction) SF영화
- It looks like a scene from a sci-fi movie.
- I like watching a sci-fi movie.
not necessarily 꼭 그렇지만은 않아
- Learned men are not necessarily wise.
- The rich are not necessarily happy.
once 일단 ~하면
- Some teenagers believe that they will be free once they become adults.
- Once you take the cource, you will master swiming.
be covered with ~로 뒤덮여 있다.
- Mount Everest is always covered with snow.
- His shoes were covered with dust.
in the not-too-distant future 멀지 않은 미래에
- in the not-so-distant future (in the near future)
- Driverless cars will become a reality in the not-too-distant future.
in the distant past 아득한 과거에
- Beepers are in the distant past
포스팅을 끝까지 읽어주셔서 감사합니다~!
유익한 내용이라고 생각하신다면,
"비타민" 같은 "공감"과 "댓글" 부탁드려요~