※ 바로듣기 - Perfect25 English 팟캐스트
It has been an eventful year with many difficulties.
☞ 청취자 Q&A
외국인들이 길을 물을 때 어떻게 알려줘야 할까요?
지하철 타는법을 알려줄 때
- Get off at the next station.
- Get off after two stations at Sinsa station.
- Transfer at Sindang station and take line number six heading for Ungam.
- Then get off after five station at Itaewon station.
- You are going to the wrong direction.
- Go straight and you will find it on your left side.
- That's too far to walk from here. You may want to take a taxi.
- Could you tell me how to get the British museum?
get off 내리다
heading for ~로 향하는
A: Hey, have you ever heard of So-gil-daek before?
B: Isn’t that the nickname of superstar Lee Hyo-li, who lives on Jeju island? Why are you asking?
A: Well, Lee Hyo-li used to live in So-gil Li on Jeju Island, but she moved to a different town because too many tourists were visiting her place. She probably couldn’t stand it.
B: Oh really? I guess that’s what happens to celebrities.
A: But I think it isn’t a bad idea to go to Jeju for ordinary people who are seeking peace and quiet.
B: True, but I think Jeju island isn’t the right place to live anymore if you dream of a peaceful country life.
A: You’re right. I heard some people are coming back to their original homes after finding out what Jeju actually looks like these days.
B: You can see a lot of pictures of beautiful nature on Jeju Island being damaged by the large number of tourists.
A: The problem is not that tourists are visiting Jeju, but that the government is not managing it properly.
B: I hope public officials who focus on civil engineering business and profits can focus more on the public good.
[복습 / 표현 및 단어정리]
have you ever p.p ~ 해본적 있어?
- Have you ever heard of Sorasori before?
- Have you ever listened to Perfect25 before?
used to ~ 하곤 했다 (지금은 아니다)
- I used to play the violin when I was little.
- She used to work as a teacher.
stand 참다, 견디다
- I can't stand muggy weather.
- I won't stand for your rude behavior next time.
- Can you actually lead a normal life as such a celebrity?
- A new celebrity appeared on the Internet last year.
ordinary people 평범한 사람들
- They just look like ordinary people to me.
- She writes stories about ordinary people.
seek (look for) peace and quiet 평온을 찾다
- He is seeking peace and quiet after retirement.
- You have to look for peace and quiet for releasing stress.
the right place to ~하기에 딱 좋은 곳이다
- This is the right place to sell cakes.
- She is the right person to lead the project.
dream of ~을 꿈꾸다
- He dreams of wealthy life.
- She dreams of becoming a good mother.
find out 알아내다, (사실을) 알게되다
- It's easy to find out one's history online these days.
- The journalist found out what happened that day.
look like ~처럼 보이다, ~처럼 생기다
- What does he look like?
- He looks like his father.
a lot of (lots of) 많은
- many, hundreds of (수백의), thousands of (수천의), tons of (수톤의)
not A but B A가 아니라 B다
- Back in the day, I learned that was not a coup but a revolution.
- It's not that I like you but that I don't like the work.
- The new director is managing his team properly.
- It should be treated properly.
public officials 공무원
civil engineering business 토목사업
public good 공익
포스팅을 끝까지 읽어주셔서 감사합니다~!
유익한 내용이라고 생각하신다면,
"비타민" 같은 "공감"과 "댓글" 부탁드려요~
'영어 스터디' 카테고리의 다른 글
|Perfect25 English [0107.Solo Dining Expert], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.03.06|
|Perfect25 English [0106.Trickle Down Effect], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (2)||2017.02.22|
|Perfect25 English [0105.Damaged Jeju Island], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.16|
|Perfect25 English [0104.Augmented Reality], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.14|
|Perfect25 English [0103.It runs in the family], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.07|
|Perfect25 English [0102.Junk articles], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.04|