※ 바로듣기 - Perfect25 English 팟캐스트
이번 방송은 새해 첫 방송이였는지, 새해 인사 표현을 알려주고 시작하네요~!
두 번째 인사 표현은 영어 메일로 한번 이용했네요~ 앞으로 자주 사용할 날이 왔음 좋겠네요!
Happy New year~!
I hope all your wishes come true.
I hope you have a great time ahead.
☞ 청취자 Q&A
카페에서 일할 때 자연스럽게 쓰는 표현이 무엇이 있을까요?
- What can I get for you?
- May I take your order?
- Are you ready to order?
- We have too many orders before yours.
- It will take about 10 minutes.
- Would that be alright?
- Do you have any point card?
- The pager will ring when it's ready.
- Here's your order.
- Enjoy your meal. or Enjoy your drink.
- May I have menu please?
- I'd like a cheese pizza and a coke please.
- For here or to go?
A: Hey, you look totally exhausted. You’ve got dark circles, too! Did you work late last night?
B: Are you kidding? Not just last night. I’ve been working late every single day for 2 months.
A: Bummer! Do you have any free time?
B: Not at all. I don’t even have time to see my family.
A: Sorry to hear that. There are many people who are in the same boat.
B: To be positive, though, I’m lucky to have work to do. It’s really depressing to see college graduates these days.
A: I agree. I heard Koreans work the second-longest hours among OECD countries. But ironically, the employment rate is really low. What non-sense!
B: That means only a small minority are raking in money.
A: Are there people who still expect a trickle-down effect?
B: After being fooled for decades? No way!
[복습 / 표현 및 단어정리]
work late 야근하다
be late for work 지각하다
- I was late for work I guess I will work late today.
- Why are you late for work? You didn't overwork.
Are you kidding? (no kidding) 농담마
every single day 여기서 single은 뒤에 명사를 강조
- every single episode
- She works out every single day.
- We are trying our best every single episode.
bummer 안됐구만, 쯧쯧, 아쉽구만
- That's a bummer.
- What a bummer.
not at all 전혀~
- Did you have fun at the year end party?
- No, not at all only two poeple showed up.
sorry to hear that 그것 참 안됐구만
- I broke up with my boyfriend.
- Sorry to hear that.
be in the same boat 마찬가지다, 같은 처지다
- We are all in the same boat for the time being.
It's depressing to do ~ 하자니 우울하다
- It's depressing to work late alone.
the second longest 두 번째로 긴
OECD (Organization for Economic Cooperation Deverlopment) 경제 협력 개발기구
What non-sense 말도 안돼
- That doesn't make sense!
- No way!
small minority 극소수의 사람들
rake in money 돈을 긁어 모으다
- He is raking in money after starting his own business.
- Is there any good idea to rake in money?
trickle down effert 낙수효과
<-> fountain effect 분수효과
be fooled 속다, 당하다
- April fool 만우절 장난
- People were fooled by president.
for decades 수십년동안
- I've been living in this town for decades.
- I believe my blood type is A for decades.
포스팅을 끝까지 읽어주셔서 감사합니다~!
유익한 내용이라고 생각하신다면,
"비타민" 같은 "공감"과 "댓글" 부탁드려요~
'영어 스터디' 카테고리의 다른 글
|Perfect25 English [0107.Solo Dining Expert], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.03.06|
|Perfect25 English [0106.Trickle Down Effect], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (2)||2017.02.22|
|Perfect25 English [0105.Damaged Jeju Island], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.16|
|Perfect25 English [0104.Augmented Reality], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.14|
|Perfect25 English [0103.It runs in the family], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.07|
|Perfect25 English [0102.Junk articles], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.04|