※ 바로듣기 - Perfect25 English 팟캐스트
숫자로 반올림, 버림을 표현을 어떻게 해야할까요?
- We round the numbers to the nearest hundred. 100이하는 반올림하다.
- We round off to whole number. 소숫점 이하는 반올림하다.
- We round off to the nearest tenth. 소숫점 둘째자리에서 반올림하다.
- We round off to the nearest hundredth. 소숫점 셋째자리에서 반올림하다.
Round up[down] 반올림[내림]하다
three point one four 3.14
point o two 0.02
A: Hey, I went to this newly-opened Italian restaurant downtown, and their pizza was amazing. You should go try it!
B: Oh yeah? Who did you go with?
A: By myself..? Why?
B: How can you do that? I can never eat alone at restaurants.
A: Hmm. That’s because you don’t know the joy of solo dining yet.
B: I understand you sometimes need your own time, but I still prefer eating with others. You can’t eat alone at certain types of restaurants.
A: Why not? I’ve solo-dined at every possible place from convenience stores to barbeque restaurants.
B: That’s admirable. What about bars for social gatherings?
A: I’m actually going to an izakaya tonight. It’s the highest level according to the lone diner guide.
B: Wow, you deserve the title of “solo dining expert”.
[복습 / 표현 및 단어정리]
newly-opened 새로 오픈한
- Have you been to the newly-opened mall?
- You should go watch it!
- You should go buy it!
- Who did you talk to?
- Who do you live with?
- I can never talk to stranger.
- I can never ride a roller coaster.
the joy of solo dining 혼밥의 기쁨
dining alone (eating alone) 혼자 식사하기
prefere A to B B보다 A가 좋다
- I prefer dogs to cats.
- I prefer staying home to traveling around.
certain types of 특정한 타입의
- I am allergic to certain types of nuts.
admirable 감탄스러운, 존경스러운
- The way she manages her company is admirable.
- It is admirable that he did such a great work by himself.
social gatherings 친목 모임
- get together 서로 모이다
according to ~ 에 따르면
- According to weather forecast, it will snow heavily tonight.
lone diner guide 혼밥 가이드
deserve ~ 할만하다, 그럴 자격이 있다 (긍정, 부정 둘다)
- You deserve it.
- I don't deserve you.
expert (특정한 주제에 대해 지식이 많은) 전문가
professional (직업에 관련된) 전문가
포스팅을 끝까지 읽어주셔서 감사합니다~!
유익한 내용이라고 생각하신다면,
"비타민" 같은 "공감"과 "댓글" 부탁드려요~