※ 바로듣기 - Perfect25 English 팟캐스트
☞ 청취자 Q&A
한국 화장실에는 재미난 문구가 많은데, 영어식 표현은 무엇이 있을까요?
- Keep it clean.
- If you drop it pick it up.
- You are not the only one using the toilet.
- Boys, stand closer it might be shorter than you think.
- Ladies, please remain seated for the entire performance.
- If it runs out, just accept your fate and weep silently.
A: Hey, have you ever watched Trump vs. O'Donnell on Youtube before?
B: Oh yes, the trash talk between them.
A: Rosie O'Donnell is known for her bad mouth.
B: Yes! But that's part of her job. However, can you believe Donald Trump?
A: Now, the whole country knows his limited words.
B: Trump even said, Rosie O'Donnell's disgusting, both inside and out. You take a look at her, she's a slob, she talks like a truck driver.
A: Well, Roosie O'Donnell didn't talk like a girl scout herself. Nevertheless, someone who is running for the next president of the United States mustn't talk like that.
B: He even mentioned that the USA should get rid of all immigrants.
A: That doesn't make any sense sinse the USA is built by them.
B: If he becomes a new president, I think the whole country will be on red alert.
[복습 / 표현 및 단어정리]
have you ever (p.p) ~ 한 적 있어?
- Have you ever listened to Psy's new song?
- Have you ever been to Japan?
trash talk 욕설
- All I heard was trash talk.
- That sounds like trash talk to me.
be known for ~로 잘 알려져있다, ~로 유명하다
- XSFM studio is known for its fantastic river view.
- Jangchung-dong is known for the pork foot.
limited words 부족한 어휘력
- limited edition 한정판
- This album is a historic limited edition.
- What a disgusting smell!
- The kitchen was in a disgusting state when she left.
- Get out of bed, you fat slob!
- That man was a perfect slob.
girl scout (행실이 착한) 모범생 / nerd (공부만 하는) 따분한 사람, 얼간이
- Girl scout members serve the community every year.
- Studying on a Friday night. I'm such a nerd.
run for ~에 도전하다, ~에 출마하다
- run ~를 진행하다, ~를 운영하다
- People don't like the fact that he is running for the president.
- Captain K and Ludia are running the show.
- immigration 출입국 관리소
- Every American is essentially an immigrant.
ged rid of (=clear out) ~을 추방시키다, ~을 제거하다
- This medicine will get rid of your headache.
- We have to get rid of the cultural stereotype.
make sense 말이되다, 논리가 되다
- It doesn't make any sense that you forgot your mom's birthday.
- It doesn't make any sense that the president disappear for seven hours.
on red alert 긴급사태, 비상사태
- Many foreign articles state that Koear is on red alert now.
- After his girl friend's phone call, he is on red alert.
포스팅을 끝까지 읽어주셔서 감사합니다~!
유익한 내용이라고 생각하신다면,
"비타민" 같은 "공감"과 "댓글" 부탁드려요~
'영어 스터디' 카테고리의 다른 글
|Perfect25 English [0104.Augmented Reality], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.14|
|Perfect25 English [0103.It runs in the family], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.07|
|Perfect25 English [0102.Junk articles], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.02.04|
|Perfect25 English [0101.Trash talk], 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (0)||2017.01.26|
|Perfect25 English Pilot, 팟캐스트로 영어공부하기 (2)||2017.01.22|
|매주 듣고싶은 팟캐스트 Perfect25 English (2)||2017.01.22|